|ROSAT Home Page||ROSAT
Purpose: Cast event images in sky coordinates in seven bands using the valid_times.dat accepted times file. The data are cast in pixels which match the detector maps and therefore the exposure maps. The pixel size is
1) Observation data set fits files - xxx_EVENTS.FITS for German or US data, xxx_BAS.FITS for RDF data.
2) Other fixed input - valid_times.dat modified as desired from valid_times_all.dat, the output of program VALID_TIMES. This must be the same time selection as used with the programs CAST_EXP, CAST_PART, LTE, and TILT.
1) Observation control - the eight or fewer character string listed above as xxx.
2) Data format control - 1 for German data, 2 for US data, 3 for RDF data.
3) Gain control - 1 for high gain, 2 for low gain, 3 for low gain pulse-height range, high gain area (the latter is for processing high-gain data in the R1L band).
4) Nominal pointing direction - the nominal pointing direction (in decimal degrees) taken from the observation data set hard copy or the header information of the observation data set fits files.
1) Diagnostic output - information about the number of events accepted and rejected is written to an ascii file called xxx_diag.out, where ``xxx'' refers to the observation control of 1) above. This file has information appended to it by the programs CAST_EXP and CAST_PART.
2) Spectra - The good-time selected spectrum and the spectrum of events excluded as afterpulses in the file spec.dat. The file is used as input by the program FIT_AP.
1-7) Fits file of observed events in seven bands (b_n.fits where n is the band number).