|ROSAT Home Page||ROSAT
Purpose: Cast an event images in sky coordinates using the ACTIME.DAT accepted times file. The data are cast in pixels which match the detector maps and therefore the exposure maps. The pixel size is .
1) Observation data set fits files - xxx_EVENTS.FITS for German or US data, xxx_BAS.FITS for RDF data.
2) Other fixed input - ACTIME.DAT modified as desired. For US and RDF data, each of the programs will create this file if it does not exist. For German data sets, the data must be taken from the xxx_EVENTS.FITS header information (see section on VALID_TIMES). This ACTIME.DAT file must be the same time selection as used with the programs CAST_EXP_HRI, and CAST_PART_HRI.
1) Observation control - the eight or fewer character string listed above as xxx.
2) Data format control - 1 for German data, 2 for US data, 3 for RDF data.
3) Nominal pointing direction - the nominal pointing direction (in decimal degrees) taken from the observation data set hard copy or the header information of the observation data set fits files.
1) Diagnostic output - number of events.
1) Fits file of observed events: counts.fits.