|ROSAT Home Page||ROSAT
Purpose: To smooth the full images with an adaptive filtering algorithm. For each unmasked pixel, the program will include neighboring pixels within a circle of increasing radius until a selected number of counts is reached. The original pixel is then given the average surface brightness for the pixels within the circle.
1) Fixed input - after the band range has been selected, the counts_n.fits, back_n.fits, off_n.fits, and expose_n.fits for the bands ``n'' (counts.fits, back.fits, off.fits, and expose.fits for HRI data).
1) Number of counts for adaptive filter.
2) Fractional limit for mask - ADAPT will find the average non-zero value for the mask and exclude all pixels where the mask value is less than the fractional limit multiplied by the average value.
3) Binning factor - ADAPT will bin by 1, 2, or 4 pixels in each dimension before smoothing, as selected by 1, 2, and 4, respectively.
4) Band range to be smoothed - the range of bands to be smoothed for the image (i.e., ``2 2'' will smooth band R2, ``4 5'' will smooth band R45, and ``8 2'' will smooth band R1L2). Enter ``0 0'' for HRI data.
5) Mask image - enter image to use as a mask. Enter the exposure map to include all of the data.
Fits file adapt_n.fits where n is the band or band range, of the smoothed image. The file contains the count rate in units of counts s arcmin .