Frequently Asked Questions about the ROSAT HRI
The following questions have been asked often about the ROSAT HRI.
If you have a question that you think is, or could be, a "Frequently Asked Question", please e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. gov.
The sources for these answers have included the following: G. Hasinger (MPE), J. Schmitt (MPE), R. Fink (GSFC), D. Burrows (PSU), the GSFC GOFers (L. Angelini, K. Arnaud, G. Reichert, E. Schlegel, and J. Turner), and the SAO GOFers (L. David, F. Harnden, F. Seward, and B. Wilkes).
Select from the following topics:
- What is the status of the HRI spectral calibration?
- What UV sensitivity does the HRI have?
- What about temporal gain variations?
- How accurate are the coordinates extracted in PROS?
- What is the conversion from detector coordinates to sky coordinates?
- Just how good are the positions?
- What is the HRI image scale?
- How can I look at the satellite "housekeeping" information?
- How do I know if my observation was wobbled or not?
- Why were the HRI observations wobbled anyway?
- Is the voltage turned off during SAA?
- What else should I notice from the hardcopy housekeeping?
Point Spread Function
- How do I know whether my HRI data is affected by one of the subtle timing problems I've heard about?
- Should I worry about "false" periodic effects?
Please use the Feedback link if you have questions on ROSAT.