Changes for CCfits 2.1 release Nov 2008
- Modified several FITS constructors and FITS::open function to allow proper handling of CFITSIO extended filename syntax.
- Extended filename syntax example added to cookbook.
- Fix made to FITS::read function for case of missing EXTVER keyword when searching for HDU with extver > 1.
- Removed inclusion of the internal-only CFITSIO fitsio2.h file from Column.cxx. LONGLONG limits definitions are now found in fitsio.h.
Changes for CCfits 2.0 release Feb 2008 Enhancements to CCfits:
- Checksum Capability: 4 checksum related functions have been added to the HDU class, which now allows users to set and verify checksums directly from inside CCfits.
- Capturing Error Messages: The FitsException base class now stores its output error message, and it can be retrieved from any of the exception subclass objects with a call to the new FitsException::message() function.
- Improved Keyword Handling: New functions copyAllKeys, keywordCategories, and a second addKey function have been added to the HDU class. The Keyword class now offers a public setValue function to modify an existing keyword. Also the class member documentation for keyword related functions has been upgraded and expanded.
- Image Scaling: In the HDU class (for instances of its PHDU and image ExtHDU subclasses), scale and zero set functions can now write BSCALE and BZERO keywords to the file. A new suppressScaling function has been added to temporarily turn off scaling. The ImageExt<T> class has also been added to the documentation.
- Miscellaneous New Functions:Table::getRowsize() (submitted by Patrik Jonsson), Fits::fitsPointer(), Column::parent().
- FITS constructor in Write mode caused a segmentation fault when used on read-only files. (Reported by Gerard Zins)
- Column write functions were not turning off NULL checking even when the nulval pointer was set to 0. (Reported by Gerard Zins)
- For the FITS constructor which takes an existing FITS object as an argument, when given the filename of an existing file (and without the '!' specifier), it places a new primary HDU in the first extension. It shouldn't allow a write operation at all in this case. (Reported by Andy Beardmore)
- Some additional #include statements are needed for compilation on a test version of g++4.3 (Reported by Aurelien Jarno)
Backwards Compatibility Issues:
- The following documented public access member functions have now been removed or made protected/private. As these functions were either never fully implemented or could not successfully be used from external code, it is hoped that these removals will not break any pre-existing code: FITS::clone, HDU::setKeyWord, the HDU::bitpix set function, the Keyword class constructors.
Changes for CCfits 1.8 release 10/07.
- Fixes made to bugs in Column write and writeArrays functions which were preventing the writing of variable-width columns. Also now allows writing to fixed-width columns with arrays that are shorter than the fixed width.
- The HDU::readAllKeys() function will no longer throw if it is unable to read a particular keyword. Instead it will skip it and move to the next keyword. This was done primarily to prevent it from tripping on undefined keywords.
Changes for CCfits 1.7 release 6/07. Fixes for the following bugs:
- The FITS::copy function merely wrote the copied HDU to the file, but did not allow it to be accessed for further modifications within CCfits.
- When reading compressed images, CCfits should use the ZBITPIX and ZNAXIS keywords rather than BITPIX and NAXIS. (Fix is based on a patch submitted by Patrik Jonsson.)
- The BSCALE keyword was being ignored if the BZERO keyword didn't also exist.
- Cases of out-of-scope usage of std::string's c_str() pointers, could potentially cause crash. (Fix submitted by Jeremy Sanders.)
Changes for CCfits 1.6 release 11/06
- Added capbility to write compressed images, including 6 new wrapper public functions in FITS class.
- In FITS::addImage, corrected the logic which checks for a pre-existing image extension with the same version number.
- CFITSIO 3.02 renamed fitsfile struct member rice_nbits to noise_nbits. Made corresponding change in copyFitsPtr function in FITSUtil.cxx. As it stands, this makes this version of CCfits incompatible with earlier versions of CFITSIO
- In FITS.h definition, removed both friend declarations of HDUCreator Make functions. It seems neither function needs to be a friend, and one of them is actually private. Some compilers don't allow this (report came from MS VisualC++ user).
- Bug fix in Make function of HDUCreator.cxx. When creating a new ImageExt (and not the primary), it was only passing the version number along for float and double types. This causes problems when there is more than 1 image extension with the same name, and it needs the version number to distinguish them.
- A couple of bug fixes to the first/last/stride version of PHDU read image subset. It was not passing the proper parameters to fits_read_subset, and was not always correctly resizing the internal m_image array.