batsurvey-detmask - perform spatial filtering of BAT detector maps
batsurvey-detmask infile outfile
batsurvey-detmask performs spatial filtering of BAT detector plane
maps, for the purpose of BAT survey analysis.
This task examines a detector plane image file (DPI file), and
performs standard filtering to remove known "bad" detectors. The
kinds of detectors which are flagged as "bad" are:
- disabled detectors, as specified in the detector enable/disable map;
- known "bad" detectors, as given by the 'batdetmask' task;
- name of global pattern mask, as specified by the 'patternmask' parameter;
- user-requested quality map, as specified by the 'detmask' parameter;
- hot pixels, as found by the 'bathotpix' task.
- infile [string]
- The name of input detector plane image file. Only one file name
is allowed, but the file may contain multiple image extensions
(usually corresponding to different energy bands).
- outfile [string]
- The file name of the final output quality map.
- (detflagfile = "NONE") [string]
- Name of detector enable/disable file, or "NONE". If the input
enable/disable file contains multiple rows, batsurvey-detmask will
determine which map to use based on the time of the observation.
- (detmask = "NONE") [string]
- Detector quality mask file, or "NONE". This should be a standard
BAT detector quality map, such as one produced by bathotpix.
- (patternmask = "NONE") [string]
- Global pattern mask file name, or "NONE". In general this
parameter is a way to specify an additional quality mask.
- (totalmap = "YES") [boolean]
- By default, bathotpix is run on each input map individually. If
totalmap=YES, then bathotpix is also run on the sum of all maps.
- (outenamask = "INDEF") [string]
- This parameter allows the user to know which enable/disable map
batsurvey-detmask chose. Set this parameter to a file name where the
chosen map will be saved, or "INDEF" to disable saving. This parameter
doesn't change the final output file in any way.
- (outcaldbmask = "INDEF") [string]
- This parameter allows the user to know which global detector
quality map batsurvey-detmask chose from CALDB. Set this parameter to
a file name where the chosen map will be saved, or "INDEF" to disable
saving. This parameter doesn't change the final output file in any
- (cleanup = "YES") [boolean]
- If set, then intermediate files will be deleted.
- (repoquery = "NO") [boolean]
- BAT internal team usage only.
- (clobber = YES) [boolean]
- This task will always clobber files, so clobber=NO has no effect.
- (chatter = 2) [integer, 0 - 5]
- Controls the amount of informative text written to standard
output. Setting chatter = 1 produces a basic summary of the task
actions; chatter = 2 (default) additionally prints the task results;
chatter = 5 prints debugging information.
- (history = YES) [boolean]
1. Analyze a DPI file named mydpi.fits, and save the results in
mydpi.detmask. The observation directory is 00035025015, where the
enable/disable housekeeping file is drawn from.
batsurvey-detmask infile=mydpi.fits outfile=mydpi.detmask \