hxdpinxblc @evts.list @pse.list @bkgs.list <outstem>
hxdpinxblc performs the following steps to produce output light curves:
- AND GTI from NXB file(s) with GTI in pin??_cl.evt file(s) (or input light curve file) and any extra input GTI file(s) after ORing them together.
- Extracts pseudo event light curve from all input pse_cl.evt file(s) (or wel_uf.evt file(s)) using GTI from 1.
- Extracts source light curve using same GTI as step 1, if a cleaned PIN event file is input.
- Extract background light curve using GTI from step 1.
- Divide background light curve RATE/ERROR by 10.0 (background files are scaled up by 10.0 to suppress poisson noise).
- Apply dead time correction to source light curve (pseudo RATE / 4.0) if not already applied.
- Add constant CXB component to background light curve, if supplied.
- Optionally subtract background light curve from source light curve.
It is recommended that synchronized output light curves be produced (
synch="yes"). If synchronized light curves are requested, the earliest time bin in the output light curves will correspond to the latest "first event" of the input event files (or input source light curve).
OUTPUT FILESThe number of output files depends on the input parameters and types of input files. If cleaned event files are used for the
bkgsub="yes", then the output files will be as follows:
- Source light curve, corrected for dead time.
- Pseudo events light curve
- NXB light curve, with optional CXB component.
- Net light curve (source - background).
The Net light curve will not be produced if
bkgsub="no". If the
input_fnameparameter is a single light curve, then the Source light curve will be a dead time corrected copy of the input light curve.
- input_fname [string]
- Cleaned PIN event file(s) or PIN source light curve. If a light curve is entered, it MUST contain a valid GTI extension, and use the same time system as the files in
bkg_event_fname. The GTI from this file is ANDed with the GTI from the PIN NXB background file, and optionally the GTI file(s) input in the gti_fname parameter (not supported for input light curve). The resulting GTI is used to extract a light curve from the cleaned PIN event file (if event files are input), the pseudo event file (see
pse_event_fnameparameter) and the PIN NXB file (see
A single light curve for multiple event files can be extracted. Specify @flist, where flist is a file containing cleaned PIN event files (one per line) to use this feature. Extended filename syntax is supported for individual files.
If a light curve is entered, only a single file is allowed, and no extra GTI filtering (see gti_fname param) is allowed. However, mutliple pseudo event files and background files can be entered if necessary.
Additionally, if a light curve is entered, the dead time correction will be applied if the DEADAPP keyword is 'F', or non-existent.
- pse_event_fname [string]
- Pseudo event file name or WEL unfiltered file name if pseudo event file is unavailable. This file is used to correct the dead time of the light curve extracted from the cl_event_fname event file(s).
If multiple event files are input for the
cl_event_fnameparameter, then the files input for this parameter must correspond 1-1 to the
cl_event_fnamefiles. The same syntax is used as for the
- bkg_event_fname [string]
- HXD PIN NXD file, either "tuned" or "quick". These can be downloaded from either (tuned):
Alternatively, if the full ftp or http path to the file(s) is known, it can be entered directly. There should be 1-1 correspondence between these files and the
cl_event_fnamefiles. The same syntax is used as for the
cl_event_fnameparameter. A warning will be issued if any of these files are the quick background.
- outstem [string]
- Output filenames will start with this string.
- (gti_fname) [string]
- Additional GTI file(s) to AND with both the PIN NXB GTI(s) and cleaned event GTI(s). If more than one file is specified, they will be ORed together before the AND operation. The same syntax is used as for the
cl_event_fnameparameter. There does not have to be 1-1 correspondence between the gti_fname files and the
cl_event_fnameevent file(s). The files must be FITS GTI files.
- (bkgsub) [bool]
- If set to yes, an additional output light curve containing the background subtracted source light curve will be produced (using lcmath).
- (cxb_rate) [real]
- If > 0.0, a constant will be added to the NXB background light curve - this can be used to approximate a constant CXB. The ERROR column in the resulting light curve will be calculated using the method specified by the
- (cxb_err_mode) [PHOT|CONST]
- If set to PHOT, the
cxb_rateparameter is treated as a measured (photon) count rate, with the variance set to cxb_rate*TIMEDEL*FRACEXP, where TIMEDEL is the time bin duration, and FRACEXP is the fractional exposure of each bin.
If set to CONST, the error associated with
cxb_rateis assumed to be 0.0.
PHOT corresponds to err_mode=1 in the Xronos tool lcmath, and CONST corresponds to err_mode=2.
- (nxb_scale) [real]
- The extracted NXB light curves (RATE and ERROR) will be divided by this parameter. Currently, the background rates in the available NXB background event files are scaled up by 10 to suppress poisson noise. So to get the actual count rate one must divide by 10.0 (which is the default for
NOTE: It is unlikely that you will need to change this parameter.
- (binlc) [real]
- Bin duration of output light curves. The default value is 128.0 seconds. If set to 0.0, the output light curves will be binned using the maximum TIMEDEL keyword found in the input data (NOT RECOMMENDED).
- (lcthresh) [real]
- Light curve bins with fractional exposure less than
lcthreshwill not be included in the output light curves.
- (synch) [bool]
- Force light curves to be synchronous? It is recommended that this be set to 'yes'.
- (cleanup) [bool]
- Remove temporary files?
- (chatter) [0,5]
- Terminal chat level. 0 => no chatter; 5 => debugging
- (clobber) [bool]
- Overwrite existing output files?
- (history) [bool]
- Add history keywords?