uvotaspcorr - find aspect corrections for UVOT sky images
This tool processes an Swift observation attempting to find aspect corrections for UVOT sky images.
The aspect corrections can also be applied by setting apply=yes. Note that the input image files must be updatable (writable and uncompressed) to apply the corrections.
- input [directory]
- Swift observation directory. The structure of a Swift observation directory is
See also the flat parameter.
- output [directory]
- Name of output directory. This directory will hold the aspect solutions and log files. The sky images are modified in place.
- filter = ALL [string] (ALL|V|U|B|UVM2|UVW1|UVW2|WHITE)
- Which UVOT filter(s) to process.
- apply [boolean]
- Apply the aspect corrections? Note that the input images files must be updatable (writable and uncompressed) to apply the corrections.
- catspec = usnob1.spec [filename]
- Star catalog descriptor.
- (starid = NONE) [string]
- Star identification parameters.
- (flat = no) [boolean]
- Is directory hierarchy flat? Set flat=yes if all of the input files (attitude file, sky images) are in one (the input) directory.
- (chatter = 4) [integer] <1-5>
- Standard HEAdas chatter parameter.
The following examples illustrate running uvotaspcorr
1. run uvotaspcorr on an observation
uvotskycorr aspcorr tristarid catspec