uvotexpcorr -- Swift/UVOT Exposure Time Correction [*DEPRECATED*]
uvotexpcorr sequence=<string> dataloc=<string>
This script corrects the EXPOSURE keyword in Swift/UVOT files based on the data
in the UVOT Exposure Report. The CountRate * (1-Dataloss) from the Exposure Report
is compared to the sum of the counts / EXPOSURE in each extension of each UVOT
sw*sk.img[.gz] and sw*rw.img[.gz] file found in the specified directory tree (under
uvot/image). Extensions not from image-mode data (ie, EXTNAME not ending in "I") will
be analyzed, but NO corrections will be applied to the EXPOSURE keyword regardless of
the value of the "allowcorr" parameter. If the tool encounters a previously corrected
EXPOSURE keyword it will flag that in the output.
NOTE - USE OF THIS TOOL IS NO LONGER NECESSARY
- sequence [string]
- Sequence number of the data.
- dataloc [string]
- Pathname to the Swift data directory (containing log/ and uvot/ subdirectories).
- (threshold = 0.95) [real]
- Specifies the threshold ratio below which the EXPOSURE keyword will be corrected.
- (allowcorr = no) [boolean]
- Allow the computed UVOT EXPOSURE correction (if any) to be applied. One might set this to "no"
to just run the tool in an informational mode. Even if "yes", corrections will only be applied to
extensions with images from image-mode data.
- (chatter = 3) [integer]
- Standard HEAdas chatter parameter (1-5) controlling the verbosity of the task. A value of zero (0)
supresses all screen output. A value of one (1) will generally only report on "interesting" cases. The
default value of three (3) yields basic information on each extension.
- (history = yes) [booleanr]
- Standard HEAdas history parameter. If "yes" then any extension which has a corrected EXPOSURE keyword will
contain a block of history keywords documenting the runtime parameters for this tool.
Any gzipped image file will be unzipped during execution and rezipped when the tool is finished with it.
This correction is no longer necessary and so this tool should not be used.