Compton neutral reflection with self-consistent Fe and Ni lines.
et al. (2007) combines pexrav with self-consistently generated
Fe Kα, Fe Kβ, Ni Kα and Fe Kα Compton shoulder.
Line strengths are based on Monte Carlo calculations
and Fabian (1991) which are parametrized for 1.1
< Γ < 2.5 by :
EW = 9.66 EW0 (Γ-2.8 - 0.56)
with inclination dependence for for i < 85 degrees :
EW = EW0 (2.20 cos i - 1.749 (cos i)2 + 0.541
and abundance dependence :
log EW = log EW0 (0.0641 log AFe - 0.172 (log
The Fe Kβ and Ni Kα line fluxes are 11.3% and 5%
respectively of that for Fe Kα. The Fe Kα Compton shoulder
is approximated as gaussian with E = 6.315 keV and σ = 0.035
keV. The inclination dependence is taken
(2002) such that :
EWshoulder = EWFe Kα (0.1 + 0.1 cos i)
Model parameters are:
To use this model download the source
code, pexmon.f, and the model description file,
pexmon_lmodel.dat and build as a local model.
NB pexmon.f was updated on 2/23/2012 to fix a bug which caused the
redshift correction to be applied twice to the reflected continuum.
- 1: Γ, power-law photon index, NE ∝ E-Γ.
- 2: Ec, cutoff energy in keV (if Ec = 0 there is no cutoff;
one needs to change the lower limit for that)
- 3: scale, scaling factor for reflection; if <0, no direct component
(scale=1 for isotropic source above disk)
- 4: redshift, z
- 5: abundance of elements heavier than He relative to
the solar abundances
- 6: iron abundance relative to the solar iron abundance
- 7: inclination angle (degrees)
- Normalization is the photon flux at 1 keV (photons
keV-1 cm-2 s-1) of the cutoff
power law only (without reflection) and in the earth frame.
Lab. for High Energy Astrophysics, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Xspec Home Page
HEASARC Home |
Last modified: Thursday, 23-Feb-2012 11:42:18 EST