More models for XSPEC
The following models have been publically released by their authors
but were not included in the latest release (12.9.0). Those that are
table models can simply be downloaded
and used in XSPEC using the
atable or mtable commands. Other models can be installed as local models.
Some of these models are also available through GitHub.
If you have models that you would like to make available to a wider
public please contact Keith Arnaud (Keith.A.Arnaud-at-nasa.gov).
This page was last updated on September 4, 2015.
- Two-phase Comptonization model of soft
thermal seed photons for GRB prompt emission: grbcomp.
Model added 9/4/15.
- A relativistic model for the X-ray
continuum of stationary slim accretion disks around stellar mass black
Model added 3/12/15.
- A high resolution ISM absorption model with
variable columns for individual ions: ismabs.
Model added 8/7/14. Updated to v1.1 on 12/24/14. Updated on
1/27/15. Updated on 7/2/15.
- Spectra for galaxy clusters using abundances
based on models for SN yields: snapec.
Model added 1/15/15.
- Propagating fluctuations in the mass
accretion rate of a precessing flow as a power spectral model for
black hole binaries: propfluc
This is not a model for energy spectra but for power spectrum from
timing data. Model added 8/2/11. New much faster version with more
reflection model from Dauser and Garcia which combines relconv and xillver: relxill.
Model added 1/23/14. Updated 7/15/14.
- From Suleimanov et al. Emitted spectra from a nonmagnetic carbon atmosphere of a neutron star: carbatm.
Model added 09/09/13.
- A convolution model from Chris Done for angle-dependent
reflection from an ionized disk combining the reflionx table model and
the Magdziarz & Zdziarski Compton reflection code.: rfxconv.
Model added 3/12/12.
- Cluster mass models from Nulsen et al.:
clmass, nfwmass, monomass
Model added 9/3/11. Updated 1/31/12.
high resolution version of the tbabs ISM absorption model:
Model added 9/28/10.
- X-ray obscuration and reflection by
a toroidal reprocessor, valid in the Compton-thick regime: MYTorus.
Model added 7/11/10.
- Line profiles from hot star winds;
absorption of X-rays from hot star winds: windprof, hwind, hewind, windtabs.
Model added 1/30/13. Updated on 8/4/15. Installation instructions
- Photoionization models from Ali
Kinkhabwala produced as part of a PhD thesis at Columbia Astrophysics
Laboratory : photoion, phai, phxi, miabs, siabs, xiabs, neutral,
vneutral, addext, mulext, tauext.
Model added 4/7/06. Updated 11/7/06 to include some input data files
that were accidentally left out of the tar file.
- Absorption due to gas in coronal equilibrium
Model added 12/2/05. Updated on 02/29/08. Updated on 08/25/08.
- XSTAR warm absorber model : warmabs.
Model added 07/27/05. Updated on 02/29/08. Updated on 08/25/08.
- KY models from Dovciak et al. for accretion disk
spectra in the strong gravity regime : kyrline, kyconv.
Model added 07/18/05. Updated on 11/10/11
- Beckwith and Done's line profiles from a Keplerian disk around a
black hole : kdline0, kdconv0, kdline1, kdconv1.
Model added 05/12/05.
Older local models now included as standard in the current release
Exploration of the Universe Division, NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Xspec Home Page
HEASARC Home |
Last modified: Friday, 04-Sep-2015 13:53:43 EDT