Next: An RGS Data Processing
Up: An EPIC Data Processing
Previous: Timing Analysis
In a Nutshell
To summarize, the basic steps taken in EPIC data reduction are as follows.
- Obtain the raw and pipelined data and store them on the Hera server.
- Initialize Hera.
- Make the calibration and ODF summary file (run the cifbuild and odfingest tasks).
- Rerun the pipeline.
- Apply standard filters.
- Make light curves; re-filter the event files by time if necessary.
- Extract the source and background spectra.
- Check for pile up.
- Make the response and ancillary files.