RXTE SOF Services
RXTE SOF Responsibilities
The RXTE Science Operations Facility (SOF) is a part of the
RXTE Science Operations Center (SOC),
at Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).
The RXTE SOF is responsible for all RXTE real-time science operations,
- Long term (~6 months) planning of the science operations.
- Short term (1 week) planning of the science operations.
- Preparing command loads for the science instruments and for
- Receiving telemetry in real time.
- Monitoring instrument operations and health and safety.
- Providing real-time access to the science data.
- Identification and observation of Targets Of Opportunity.
RXTE SOF Staff
Dr. Robin Corbet, Chief Duty
Scientist, SOF Manager
- Chief Mission Planner:
- Mission Planner:
- Experiment Controller:
For questions about scheduling of RXTE observations please send email to
If you have other questions about RXTE, please send email to one of our
Responsible NASA Official: