RXTE Cycle-9 Announcement Released

*							*
*	RXTE News --- Observing Cycle 9                 *
*		NOI due at NASA HQ July 11, 03          *
*		Proposals due at GSFC: Sept 12, 03      *
*		Peer Rev: Nov '03			*
*							*
*   Cycle 9 observations begin around March 1, 2004     *
*                                                       *

Dear RXTE User,

	Observations for Cycle 8 of the Rossi X-ray Timing
Explorer are now well underway.  Funds for guest observers
have been allocated for Cycle 8 observations, and all RXTE
observers who submitted budget proposals should have received
an email with their budget total.

	Preparations for RXTE Cycle 9 are already underway.
As was the case in Cycle 8, RXTE proposals are being solicited
as part of the Research Opportunities in Space Science (ROSS-03)
Announcement.

	Proposal submission for Cycle 9 is virtually identical
to the procedure used for Cycle 8.  In addition to electronically
submitting cover pages and scientific justifications via RPS,
proposers are requested to submit a letter of intent to propose
to NASA HQ, and an additional cover page through the NASA HQ
pages.

	The deadline for submitting RXTE Cycle 9 proposals is
September 12, 2003 5PM EDT.

	Please see the detailed instructions and guidelines
online at the RXTE Guest Observer Facility Homepage:

http://rxte.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xte/cycle9_stage1.html

	Please send any questions about proposing in this
round to xtehelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov

NOTE: The RPS General Form contains a pull-down menu where you
are able to choose the institution of your co-Investigators.
Please take a moment to check that the institutions for all your
co-I's are included in our list.  If you don't find an institution
that you need, please send email to XTEHELP well ahead of the
submission deadline, and we will add the missing institutions to
the menu.

		- Padi

--
| Dr. Patricia T. Boyd (UMBC)   | xtehelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov (RXTE)|
| RXTE Guest Observer Facility  | padi@dragons.gsfc.nasa.gov         |

--
A service of the
High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC)

NASA/GSFC
Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback