HEASARC News: NuSTAR Cycle 1 reminder

Dear Colleague,

We are sorry if you receive this more than once.

1) NuSTAR Proposal Submission Deadline:

This is a friendly reminder that Phase-1 scientific/technical proposals for the NuSTAR Cycle 1 Guest Investigator Program are due:

Tuesday, November 25, 2014, 4:30PM EST.

Also note that sources with fluxes >~ 10^-11 ergs/s/cm2 within 5 degrees of the target may cause increased non-uniform background gradients due to stray light. Users should check observations for potential stray light contributions using the target constraint tool at http://www.srl.caltech.edu/NuSTAR_Public/NuSTAROperationSite/CheckConstraint.php. If a field is designated as "heavily contaminated", proposers should submit a request for a feasibility analysis to nustar-help@srl.caltech.edu at least two weeks prior to the proposal submission deadline, or by Tuesday, November 11.

2) Volunteer Reviewers:

We are seeking volunteer reviewers for the NuSTAR Cycle 1 Peer Review, which will take place in the Washington DC area, tentatively between Feb. 18 and Feb. 20, 2015.
Reviewers must have a PhD at the time of the Peer Review.
If you would like to be considered as a reviewer, please email nustar_review@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov

More information can be found at http://nustar.gsfc.nasa.gov and http://nustar.caltech.edu/page/researchers
If you have questions about the NuSTAR GO Program, please do not hesitate to contact us at http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback (select NuSTAR)
--
A service of the High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC)
NASA/GSFC

Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback