ASTRO-E2 News #007: Stage 2 (Budget) Proposal Deadline reminder

Stage 2 (Budget) Proposal Deadline reminder

As we have announced earlier this month, US-based scientists who have
secured Astro-E2 Cycle 1 observing time are invited to submit Stage 2
(budget) proposals.  This applies to both US PIs as well as US co-Is
of successful proposals submitted to ISAS or ESA.

The deadline is 4:30 pm EDT on Friday, June 10, 2005.  Both the RPS
(electronic) submission and the hardcopy submission must reach us by
the deadline.

Note that there is no precalculated "fair share" value for each proposal.
Proposers should estimate what it will take to achieve the scientific
objectives, formulate the budget accordingly, and justify the request
explicitly.  We list several evaluation criteria in section 3.1 of
on our Detailed Guide to Budget Preparation page,
 http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/astroe/prop_tools/stage2/budgetprep_c1.html
of which the complexity of analysis is a factor that needs to be
articulated in the budget proposal.

As the Guidebook for Proposers states: "Evaluation of the cost
of a proposed effort shall include the realism and reasonableness of the
proposed cost, and the comparison of that proposed cost to available funds.
Low cost, while desirable, does not offset the importance of realism and
reasonableness of the proposed budget."

Stage 2 related information can be found at:

http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/astroe/prop_tools/stage2/stage2_c1.html

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via
the feedback link on the above page.

following command in the body of your email message:

    unsubscribe astroenews

This however only works from the email address that you are subscribed
on. Otherwise you have to let us know.
--
A service of the U.S. Astro-E2 Guest Observer Facility, NASA/GSFC.

Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback