Suzaku News #037: Important Updates on Suzaku Proposals and Data Analysis

Contents:

1. Cycle 3 proposal documentation & tools online

2. Updated information on Suzaku data analysis and calibration

3. Suzaku conference reminder

4. US Suzaku Users' Group Meeting

1. Cycle 3 proposal documentation & tools online

Suzaku Cycle 3 proposals are due on Friday, November 30th.

We now have links to the RPS system for proposal submission,
the updated Technical Document, response and background files
for simulation, and simulation tools with updated responses.

  http://suzaku.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/aehp_prop_tools.html

2. Updated information on Suzaku data analysis and calibration

Over the last few months, we have been updating the data analysis
and calibration related information on the web:

  http://suzaku.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/aehp_data_analysis.html

Of the recent developments, some key points are:

* The HXD/PIN background files for Version 2 data have been released

* A new version of the XIS night sky database (for particle background)
  has been released, both for SCI and non-SCI data.

* There is an important update on the energy scale and resolution calibration
  of XIS data at the ISAS "caveats" pages.

* We have provided hints on speeding up xissimarfgen and the subsequent
  spectral fits

These key developments are summarized in

  http://suzaku.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/analysis/watchout.html

We also have a draft of the new version of the ABC Guide for Version 2
data analysis.  Users interested in obtaining an advance copy should
contact the Suzaku GOF.

3. Suzaku conference reminder

"The Suzaku X-ray Universe" conference will take place in San Diego,
Dec 10-12, 2007.  Abstracts are due on Oct 28 and early registration
deadline is Nov 10:

  http://www.confcon.com/suzaku2007/

On the evening of Monday, Dec 10, we will hold an informal "Suzaku
Data Analysis workshop" at the conference hotel.  We will demonstrate
analysis software and procedure, and answer your questions.

4. US Suzaku Users' Group Meeting

We will hold the (US) Suzaku Users' Group meeting on Dec 13 also in
San Diego.  Suzaku users who have questions, comments, or concerns
can contact a member of the Users' Group or the GOF:

  http://suzaku.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/about/usersgroup.html

--
A service of the U.S. Suzaku Guest Observer Facility, NASA/GSFC.

Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback