RXTE Cycle 7 Deadline Extended

Due to the recent tragic events in the US, the RXTE Cycle 7 proposal
deadline will be extended, and divided into two stages.

This year, proposal submission is fully electronic; we ask that
proposers complete the first stage, the submission of the proposal
forms by clicking SUBMIT from within RPS, by

	***  5:00pm Wednesday September 19  ***   (RPS submission)

This will enable us to begin our preparations for the Peer Review with
the minimum of delay.

The second and final stage, i.e. the uploading of the two PostScript
files containing (i) the RPS forms and (ii) the Scientific Justification
and other materials, should be completed by

	***  5:00pm Friday September 21  ***    (Uploading .ps files)

Naturally, we're completely sympathetic to people who have been badly
affected by Tuesday's events.  If you require additional time, please
contact me directly at alan@osiris.gsfc.nasa.gov. For any other
questions about proposing for RXTE time in this round, please send
Email to
		xtehelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov

A couple of additional notes on submission:

* Within RPS, we now have pulldown menus for the specification of PI
and coI institution. Please take a look to check that your needed
institutions are on the list, and Email us at
		rpshelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov
with any additions. Sorry for any inconvenience.

* The Appendices (C2.2) call for a page on "Status of RXTE Programs",
i.e. your track record of proposing for and analyzing RXTE data in
previous cycles. This should be included as an additional page in the
PostScript file containing your Scientific Justification. If this
causes you problems, please Email us at xtehelp.

	- Alan

| Dr. Alan P. Smale  (USRA)        | xtehelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov (RXTE)|
| RXTE Guest Observer Facility     | alan@osiris.gsfc.nasa.gov (me)     |
| Code 662,  NASA/GSFC             | (301) 286-7063 (voice)             |
| Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA         | (301) 286-0708 (FAX)               |
|             RXTE GOF homepage: http://rxte.gsfc.nasa.gov/             |