ASTRO-E News no.3: Deadline reminder; "kappa"

Cycle 1 proposals are due on Friday, September 17th.

If any of you encounter difficulties meeting this deadline due to
Hurricane Floyd (or other unexpected circumstances), please let us
know.  Currently, we plan to keep the deadline as is.

We have received reports of some users having difficulties installing
Maki (and/or the LHEA plug-in that it requires).  As an alternative,
we have released a new program 'kappa' which has a significant subset
of Maki's functionalities:

	ftp://legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/tools/kappa1_00.tar.gz

This is a command-line tool that does not require the plug-in, and
can tell you the total range of possible roll angles for your target,
and when a particular roll angle is available.