Loss of Astro-E

After 6 years of hard work by a dedicated staff of scientists,
engineers, and administrators, Astro-E was launched on February 10,
2000 at 1030 JST, from Kagoshima Space Center (KSC). Unfortunately,
there was a problem with the first stage of the M V rocket. Astro-E
could not obtain the necessary altitude for a proper orbit. As a
result, the satellite was declared unusable.

We would like to thank the people who supported the Astro-E project
and visited our web site. Although we are disappointed, we will
continue to search for answers about the Universe.

  www@astro.isas.ac.jp
  Copyright (c) ISAS High Energy Astrophysics Division