Suzaku News #035: Cycle 3, HXD and other information

1. Call for Proposals
---------------------

Cycle 3 guest observer proposals are due on Nov 30, 2007.  In this cycle,
there is a new category of Long Program.  Details can be found at:

  http://suzaku.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/aehp_prop_tools.html

(this page is intended for US-based researchers; links are provided
for European and other researchers)

2. "Things to Watch Out For" page
---------------------------------

We have started a new page

  http://suzaku.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/analysis/watchout.html

This includes current status of V2 processing and the production of
the associated background files, calibration problems that have
recently surfaced, hints on how best to run Suzaku specific software,
and important changes in data analysis procedure from V1 to V2.

We plan to keep this page up-to-date with latest developments,
so we encourage all users to check this page often.

3. Release of PIN non X-ray background (NXB) files

The HXD team is making final checks of a new set of PIN NXB files
corresponding to V2.x processing.  The initial release (covering
observations up to 2007 August) is planned on or before Monday,
Sep 24.  Subsequently, the HXD team plans to release NXB files
regularly for recent observations.  Please check the Suzaku GOF
and ISAS/JAXA Suzaku home pages for the latest status.

--
A service of the U.S. Suzaku Guest Observer Facility, NASA/GSFC.

Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback