drop us a line at the "peer_review" address below.
Sender: owner-xtenews@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov

Extra Incentive!: This year, we will be able to offer honoraria to
non-civil servant reviewers, at a rate of $200/day ($250/day for
panel chairs).

RXTE Cycle 12 Review details:

April 10-11, 2007 at the Mount Washington Conference Center in Baltimore,
Maryland (http://www.mtwashconfctr.com/).  Last year's review was held
at the same site and we found it to be a well-organized facility with
a plethora of food and beverages at breaks and excellent meals in the
dining areas.  Reviewers arrive the afternoon/evening of Monday April 9.
The Review begins early Tuesday morning and continues until Wednesday
evening.

In recent RXTE reviews, each panel has been assigned about 35-45
proposals total.  Each individual participant is primary or secondary
reviewer on a subset of the proposals.  RXTE Cycle 12 is a one-stage
review: science merit only, no budgets or budget review.  Details of
RXTE Cycle 12 can be found at:

        http://rxte.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xte/cycle12.html

We would be grateful if you could reply to:

        peer_review@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov

as soon as possible letting us know:

a) Your full name and title:
b) Your institutional affiliation:
c) Your scientific strengths and interests:

If you have reviewed for us in the past and have not changed institutions
only 'a' is really necessary.

Because of possible institutional and scientific constraints on our
choice of reviewers, not all volunteers will necessarily be selected.
All reviewers must have a Ph.D. in astrophysics or a related field by
the review date.  We will contact you individually as we assess what
our needs are for Cycle 12.

We apologize if you receive this message more than once.  Also, feel
free to call me at the number below if you have any questions.

Best regards,
        Padi Boyd (RXTE GOF, 301-286-2550)
--
A service of the