[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Search] [Main Index] [Thread Index] [HEASARC Mailing List Archives]

[XTEnews]: Update on RXTE Consortium Possibility

21 Nov 2011

A message to RXTE Users from the RXTE Users Group:

The level of feedback regarding further RXTE observations was quite
positive and there seems to be the potential for putting together a
consortium that could raise sufficient funds.  However, we are still
looking in detail at how the consortium would work, whether the
transition is indeed feasible, and what level of operations can be
supported.  A significant concern is the timetable for making the
transition, which simply might not be feasible given RXTE's current
circumstances.  We will make a final decision by November 23. Thanks to
everyone for the effort put in to explore this possibility and for your
support of RXTE.