[XTEnews]: RXTE end of mission - AAS special session

After nearly 16 years of discovery, the RXTE mission is approaching the
end of science operations. The spacecraft will be decommissioned
during the week beginning Monday, January 2, 2012, and science
observations will conclude at the end of the day on January 3, 2012 (UT).
The last observations will be of Sco X-1.

We remind people that a special session entitled, "The Rossi X-ray
Timing Explorer: Taking the Pulse of the Universe," will take place
during the 219th meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) in
Austin, TX. The session is scheduled for Tuesday, 10 January
2012 from 2:00PM - 3:30PM. We invite all RXTE users and friends to
attend. Further information about the 219th AAS meeting can be found
at the AAS website<http://aas.org/>.

Tod Strohmayer  (RXTE Project Scientist)