No Subject

Dear colleagues:

I am forwarding the first circular of the International Symposium on
X-ray Astronomy "X-ray Imaging and Spectroscopy of Cosmic Hot Plasmas"
that Prof. F. Makino has announced yesterday (I am sorry if somebody
recieved this mail twice). The symposium is held on March 11-14, 1966
in Tokyo, Japan and I hope we can celebrate three year anniversary
of ASCA at the sysmposium. You can also get this circular and follow-up
information on the ASCA homepage of ISAS through www
(http://www.astro.isas.ac.jp/).
I am looking forward to meeting you at the symposium.

Regards,
Fumiaki Nagase

The first circular
------------------
                 X-ray Imaging and Spectroscopy
                              of
                      Cosmic Hot Plasmas
         - International Symposium on X-ray Astronomy -

                       March 11-14, 1996
                        Tokyo, Japan

Scientific Organizing Committee (not confirmed):
B. Aschenbach (Germany)
H. Bohringer (Germany)
H. Bradt (US)
C. Canizares (US)
M. Elvis (US)
A. Fabian (UK)
W. Forman (US)
G. Hasinger (Germany)
D. Helfand (US)
S. Holt (US)
J. Hughes (US)
H. Inoue (Japan, Co-Chair)
K. Koyama (Japan)
K. Nomoto (Japan)
F. Makino (Japan, Chair)
K. Makishima (Japan)
R. Mushotzky(US)
C. Sarazin (US)
G. Stewart (UK)
Y. Tanaka (Germany)
N. White (US)

LOC (not confirmed):
T. Daishido
N. Kawai
T. Kii
K. Masai
M. Matsuoka
K. Mitsuda
F. Nagase
T. Ohashi
Y. Tawara
H. Tsunemi
K. Yamashita

Dear Colleagues

   In commemoration of the 3rd anniversary of ASCA, we are
pleased to announce that the above international symposium,
organized by the Institute of Space and Astronautical
science, held in Tokyo, Japan.

   The high resolution X-ray imaging and spectroscopic
capabilities of recent X-ray astronomy missions, such as
ASCA and ROSAT, brought new insights on X-ray universe
through diagnostics of cosmic hot plasma.  The purpose of
the symposium is to bring together these recent
observational results, and to deepen our understanding of
the X-ray universe and its evolution.

   Moreover XTE is supposed to be in orbit at the time of
the symposium.  We expect to listen the first hot results
from the mission.

[Topics and Format of the symposium]

 The following topics will be addressed by invited
speakers.  We also call for contributed papers, for oral
and poster session.

Topics:
Hot plasma in stars and CVs,
SNRs,
Diagnostics of matter in X-ray binaries,
Diagnostics of matter around AGNs,
Hot gas distribution in galaxies and inter galactic space,
Hot gas and the large scale structure,
and related observational and theoretical studies.

[Location and Dates]

The symposium will be held in the Waseda University
International Conference Center from March 11 through 14,
1996.

	Address: International Conference Center
	         Waseda University
		 1-20-14, Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku,
		 Tokyo, 169-50 Japan
	Phone:   81-3-3203-4141 ex.71-5180

[Travel support]

Limited funds are available for travel support. Partial
support may be provided upon consultation with the
organizing committee depending on the individual situation.

[Schedule]
   For preliminary registration, please return the
application form to the contact address by e-mail or from
WWW before September 30, 1995.
   More informations are available from the WWW page; URL:
http://www.astro.isas.ac.jp/xray/mission/asca/wasedaconf/wasedahome.html

[Contact Address]
   Prof. Fumiyoshi Makino
   Institute of Space and Astronautical Science
   3-1-1, Yoshinodai, Sagamihara,
   Kanagawa 229, Japan

   Telefax: +81-427-59-4253
   E-mail:  ascasymp@astro.isas.ac.jp

                                      Sincerely Yours,

                    Fumiyoshi Makino
                    Institute of Space and Astronautical Science
                    3-1-1, Yoshinodai, Sagamihara,
                    Kanagawa 229, Japan

                    Phone:   81-427-51-3911 ex.2621
                    Telefax: 81-427-59-4253
                    E-mail:  makino@astro.isas.ac.jp

application form
------------ cut here ----------------------------------------------------

                 X-ray Imaging and Spectroscopy
                              of
                      Cosmic Hot Plasmas
         - International Symposium on X-ray Astronomy -

                       March 11-14, 1996
                        Tokyo, Japan

                  Preliminary Registration Form

   Please fill in [ ]. As this will be processed with a
   computer, please do not modify this form.

o. Name(surname, given name):
	[                                                  ]

o. Institute:
	[                                                  ]

o. Postal Address:
	[			                           ]
	[		            		           ]
	[						   ]
	[						   ]

o. E-mail address(internet is preferable):

o. Phone :

o. Telefax:

o. Do you intend to contribute a paper ? (oral/poster/none):
	[	]

o. Title of the paper: