4th International X-ray Astronomy School Announcement

4th International X-ray Astronomy School, Cambridge, MA, 15-19 August 2005

X-ray astronomy is currently in a golden area providing important
insights into many topics in astrophysics. However, many astronomers
have never analyzed X-ray data and do not have a clear idea of the
features and challenges involved.
We are organizing a X-ray school intended for graduate students and
recent postdocs who want to understand the intricacies of X-ray
astronomy.
The emphasis will be on the foundations of X-ray astronomy rather
than on any particular software tools but we will have every
afternoon devoted to hands-on data analysis sessions.

The total enrollment to the school will be limited to 50 people
(first come, first served) so register early. The deadline for
registration is June 30, 2005.
There is a registration fee of $250.00

If you are interested in attending this X-ray Astronomy school,
please see our registration page at: http://xrayschool.gsfc.nasa.gov

The school is organized jointly by the Chandra X-ray Observatory
Center and NASA.

If you have any questions, please contact: xrayschool@milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov

--
A service of the
High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC)

NASA/GSFC
Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback