SWIFT and RXTE Peer Review Request

On behalf of NASA Headquarters, we are attempting to identify
potential reviewers for the Swift Cycle 2 and RXTE Cycle 11
Proposal Reviews.  A review by competent peers benefits the entire
science community by ensuring that the observations carried out
and the science return for Swift and RXTE are of the highest quality.
We'd like to appeal to you to support this system and contribute to
the common good by serving as a Peer Reviewer this fall.  If you'd be
willing to help out, please drop us a line.

This year, we will be able to offer honoraria to non-civil servant
reviewers, at a rate of $200/day ($250/day for panel chairs).

__

Swift Cycle 2 US Review details:

September 11-13, 2005, in the Greenbelt, MD, area (venue to be
confirmed).  Reviewers arrive the afternoon/evening of Sunday
September 11. The review begins early Monday morning and continues
until Tuesday evening.

This is a peer review of proposals submitted to NASA by GIs based at
US institutions.  Consequently, we seek reviewers based at US
institutions only. Links on the Swift announcement in the ROSS_05
announcement, as well as to technical informations on Swift, can be
found at:

http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/swift/proposals/

__

RXTE Cycle 11 Review details:

November 13-15, 2005, in the Towson, MD area (venue to be confirmed).
Reviewers arrive the afternoon/evening of Sunday November 13.  Review
begins early Monday morning and continues until Tuesday evening.

In recent RXTE reviews, each panel has been assigned about 35-45
proposals total.  Each individual participant is primary or secondary
reviewer on a subset of the proposals.  RXTE Cycle 11 is a two-stage
review.  Successful PIs will be asked to submit budget proposals once
the observing program is announced.  A subset of the Cycle 11 panel
will review the budget proposals.  Details of RXTE Cycle 11 can be
found in the RXTE section of the ROSS_05 announcement (Appendix C
Section 7)

http://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/solicitations/summary.do?method=init&solId={CA1A2C91-4339-9A34-1BDE-F118E7FC124F}&path=open

We would be grateful if you could reply to:

	peer_review@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov

as soon as possible, but no later than the end of July, letting us
know:

a) Your full name and title:
b) Your institutional affiliation:
c) Your scientific strengths and interests:
d) Your availability for Swift and/or RXTE reviews.

If you have reviewed for us in the past only 'd' is really necessary.

Because of possible institutional and scientific constraints on our
choice of reviewers, not all volunteers will necessarily be selected.
All reviewers must have a Ph.D. in astrophysics or a related field by
the review date.  We will contact you individually, shortly after the
respective proposal deadlines, when we know how many reviewers we will
actually need.

We apologize if you receive this message more than once.  Also, feel
free to call one of us at the numbers below if you have any questions.

Warm regards,
	Padi Boyd (Swift/RXTE GOF, 301-286-2550)
--
A service of the
High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC)

NASA/GSFC
Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback