Meeting Announcement: Toward the Future of Very High Energy Gamma-ray Astronomy

-----------

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce the workshop: "Toward the Future of Very High
Energy Gamma-ray Astronomy" to be held Nov 8-9, 2007 at SLAC.

The goal of this workshop is to bring together an international group of
scientists interested in the future of gamma-ray astronomy to define the
direction of future instruments and discuss R&D projects for the next
generation observatories such as CTA, HAWC and AGIS. This is the 4th
workshop in the series of this kind with previous workshops being held in
Malibu, Santa Fe and Chicago. While some time of the meeting will be
devoted to summarise the scientific motivations for such instruments,
drawing on the White Paper for the Division of Astrophysics of the American
Physical Society, particular emphasis in the discussion will be devoted to
technical challenges, design parameters and projected sensitivities of such
future observatories. We invite you to participate and join us as we
attempt to shape the future of this exciting, rapidly expanding field.

To register for the meeting and view a preliminary agenda, please go to the
conference web site: http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/vhegra/
These pages will be updated as the date of the meeting gets closer to
reflect changes in the agenda. A block of rooms at special rate has been
reserved at the Stanford Guesthouse (former SLAC guesthouse). These rooms
will be released by October, 10th, 2007, so please book in advance,
refering to "FTA11".

We really hope that you will be able to attend our meeting.

Sincerely,

Stefan Funk for the Organising Committee.

--
A service of the
High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC)

NASA/GSFC
Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback