GSFC XMM GOF Status Report #018

NASA/GSFC XMM GOF
XMM Status Report #018

XMM Launch, Live TV/Web Broadcast

ESA is planning to cover the XMM launch live on the WWW, as well on
ESA TV.  The launch is on schedule for tomorrow morning, 10 December,
in a 09:32 - 10:02 EST window.  What follows is the text of the ESA
announcement concerning the Web broadcast, which can be found at:

http://xmmlaunch.esa.int/

Which is found under:
	http://sci.esa.int/missions/newsitem.cfm?TypeID=20&ContentID=8191
Which is found under:
	http://sci.esa.int/xmm/

> Lifting the veil on the X-ray Universe
>
> ESA's X-ray Multi Mirror mission - XMM - to be launched by Ariane flight 504,
> is an eleven-metre long X-ray telescope. With its large collecting area of
> its mirrors and the high sensitivity of its cameras, XMM is expected to
> increase radically our understanding of high-energy sources - clues to a
> mysterious past, and keys to understanding the future of the Universe.
>
> Watch the launch
>
> Live transmission starts at: 13:40 UTC (14:40 CET)
> Launch is currently scheduled at 14:32 UTC
>
> The videos and the live transmission can be watched with [RealPlayer].
> The RealPlayer can be downloaded from http://www.real.com.

The transmission details for the ESA TV live launch coverage can be
found at:

http://television.esa.int/

Cheers,
    Steve Snowden for the NASA/GSFC XMM Guest Observer Facility