XTENEWS#9: Launch Delay for XTE

			Launch Delay for XTE
XTENEWS#9						21 August 1995

  We wish to inform you that the date for the launch of XTE has been
postponed to October 12, 1995.

  The delay is necessary to provide sufficient time for the launch
vehicle to be ready, and to allow for the time-critical launch of the
Canadian RADARSAT satellite in the middle of September.  The status of
the XTE spacecraft and the scientific instruments has not changed - they
remain on schedule for flight.

  After a 30 day In-Orbit-Checkout, XTE will begin its scientific
observing program on approximately Nov. 12th.  Guest observers who need to
adjust scheduling constraints should contact the XTE SOC at
xteplan@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov.