GLAST News

Colleages,

I am sure there will be a general announcement from the mission, but I wanted to keep our multiwavelength colleagues up to date as quickly as possible.

The GLAST launch date has been moved to the end of the year. There are no major crises, just the usual sort of issues that take longer than expected. A photo of the current state of the observatory is attached.

Because the launch date is later, the Guest Investigator program deadline has also been moved. It will now be Sept. 7 instead of June 15. There are also some other changes to the GI program. You can see details in Amendment 4 of the Announcement of Opportunity, at
http://nspires.nasaprs.com/external/solicitations/summary.do?method=init&solId=%7B622231E2-534C-6B45-1E53-5F3E162C6BBC%7D&path=open

Regards,

Dave Thompson
LAT Multiwavelength Coordinator