Re: SAX LEGSPC FITS keywords

> From heafits@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov Tue Mar  8 09:38:01 1994
> Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 09:34 EST
> Sender: server@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov (listserv server)
> Sender: heafits@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov
> From: ffavata@estsa2.estec.esa.nl
> To: corcoran@ndadsb.gsfc.nasa.gov
> Subject: Re: SAX LEGSPC FITS keywords
>
> following Bill Pence comments, here are some new questions. I hope
> this discussion is of general enough interest. Should it be moved to
> "private e-mail" please let me know.
>
> .Can you add a DATAMODE keyword?  Is this what SETUPID is used for?
>
> 	I don't see any problem. We got DATAMODE from the ROSAT FITS.
> Does it mean that SETUPID is obsolete?
>
> .What do the RAW_X and RAW_Y keywords mean?
>
> 	Raw detector coordinates, that is, not corrected in any way.
> Again from ROSAT FITS files. Are they obsolete, too?
>
> 		fabio
>
> --
>     Fabio Favata
>     Astrophysics Division, European Space Agency
>     P.O. Box 299, 2200 AG, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
>     Tel. +31-1719-84665, Fax. +31-1719-84690
>     Internet: Fabio.Favata@astro.estec.esa.nl
>        Noi fummo i Gattopardi, i Leoni...

Actually, in the RDF BASIC file for the ROSAT PSPC, we have the following 2 keywords:

 RAWX    =                    F / RAW X coordinates not supplied
 RAWY    =                    F / RAW Y coordinates not supplied

As to SETUPID, that was a keyword needed for processing the WFC data
and is not really used for the X-ray data.

Mike Corcoran
HEASARC
Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, MD 20771