MSSL WORKSHOP on HIGH RESOLUTION X-RAY SPECTROSCOPY no. 2

                            WORKSHOP on

 **  HIGH RESOLUTION X-RAY SPECTROSCOPY: TOWARDS XEUS and CON-X  **

                 **  27th and 28th March 2006  **

                  Mullard Space Science Laboratory
               Holmbury St Mary, Dorking, Surrey, UK

          Registration and abstract deadline - 15th January 2006

Since the launch of the Chandra and the XMM-Newton observatories six
years ago, astronomers have become familiar with high resolution X-ray
spectra provided by dispersive spectrometers. A whole new source parameter
space has been opened up to investigation and exciting new insights have
been revealed into the physics and energetics of X-ray emitters and absorbers.
Soon further advances in this field will be provided by non-dispersive
spectrometers, with similar high resolution to current instrumentation
and with enhanced sensitivity.

The time is right, then, to take stock of what has been achieved, to review
our current understanding and to consider how to build on it, by taking
advantage of future opportunities such as XEUS and Con-X. With this in
mind we invite those in the astronomical community with an interest in
high resolution X-ray spectroscopy to get together again at MSSL, in a
workshop that will hopefully be as vibrant and successful as its precursor
in October 2002.

In addition to the invited speakers programme, there will time for a number of
contributed talks (focussing on XMM-Newton and Chandra spectroscopy results).
Space for poster papers will also be available.

              For more details, visit the workshop website:
                http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/~gbr/workshop2/

Because there will be a limited number of places, we ask that you advise us
of your attendance as soon as possible, and in any case

                    ***  before 15th January 2006  ***

Looking forward to meeting you at MSSL next March!

Graziella

----- End forwarded message -----
--
A service of the
High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC)

NASA/GSFC
Please do not reply to this message.
Questions or comments should go to:
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/Feedback