RXTE Archive Opens

XTENEWS#11                                          1st April 1996

   The RXTE Guest Observer Facility (GOF) and the High Energy
Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC) are pleased to
announce the opening of the XTE Archive.

   The Archive currently contains data obtained during the In-Orbit
Checkout (IOC) period from 1/19/96-2/1/96. The data are accessible to
the community using the HEASARC's W3BROWSE interface, or via anonymous
FTP from legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov:/xte/data. The Archive contains data in
a wide range of instrumental configurations from several sources
including GRO1744-28, the Crab, MCG 8-11-11, Cas A, NGC 4151, and
3C279.

   W3BROWSE can be accessed from the HEASARC home page at
	http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov
or via the RXTE GOF homepage at
        http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xte/xte_1st.html

   Details about the organization of the Archive, the directory
structure and naming scheme of files, a W3BROWSE walkthrough, and
further instructions for data examination and analysis, etc can be
found in
	http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xte/archive.html,
accessible from the GOF homepage.

   Note that in the near future the IOC data will be fully reprocessed
by the XTE Science Data Center (XSDC) and will at that point become
available through the National Space Science Data Center (NSSDC).

   Questions about RXTE data and software can be addressed to
xtehelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov (but please take a look at our Web pages
first, including the resources described above, the data analysis
guide and the FAQ). Questions about W3BROWSE should be directed to the
W3BROWSE Software Development Team at request@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov.

	- Alan Smale
          for the GOF and HEASARC teams

| Dr. Alan P. Smale                | xtehelp@athena.gsfc.nasa.gov (XTE) |
| XTE Guest Observer Facility      | alan@osiris.gsfc.nasa.gov (me)     |
| Code 660.2  NASA/GSFC            | (Please Email rather than phoning.)|
| Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA         | (301) 286-1682 (FAX)               |
|  XTE GOF homepage: http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/xte/xte_1st.html |