Does PROS do source detection?
Yes. PROS-2 has a prototype source detection package based upon the Einstein source detection (and these detection algorithms are used in the HRI standard processing software). The detection software is a LOCAL detect. Using the software basically involves five steps:
- create an image blocked at the detection cell size;
- generate an image of the net signal-to-noise ratio at the detection cell size;
- find the local peaks in the image above a threshold;
- find the average background density at the detection cell size; and
- generate the source position table.
Please use the Feedback link if you have questions on ROSAT.