User-Contributed NuSTAR Software
In addition to the standard NuSTARDAS FTOOLs there is also user-contributed
software which has been produced by the community. We note that this software
is provided on an "As Is" basis, and that is the responsibility of the
individual developers to maintain the software and to fix any bug reports,
not the HEASARC's or the NuSTAR project's.
- NuSTAR GitHub is the main
repository for IDL-based NuSTAR scripts. This area contains:
- NuSTAR utility scripts and time conversion scripts.
- IDL wrapper scripts for nuproducts calls, other useful scripts for data
- nustar_solar_filter, a simple script and instructions for generating GTIs
to filter regions with enhanced background due to solar flares.
- The "nuskybgd" NuSTAR background simulation toolkit: there is documentation
in the repository and a "How To" guide for this software. The reference to cite
if used is Daniel R. Wik et al. 2014 ApJ 792 48 doi:10.1088/0004-637X/792/1/48:
see the appendix of that paper for a in-depth description.
- MaLTPyNT (Matteo's
Libraries and Tools in Python for NuSTAR Timing) was
developed and is being maintained by Matteo Bachetti. The references to cite
for this software
are Bachetti, M. 2015, MaLTPyNT, Astrophysics Source Code Library, record
ascl:1502.021 and "No Time for Dead Time: Timing Analysis of Bright Black Hole
Binaries with NuSTAR", Bachetti, M. et al. 2015, ApJ , 800, 109.