Information on Accessing the ROSAT Data Archive at GSFC
- Searching for ROSAT Data Using Browse or Xamin
- Direct Access to ROSAT Data
- Historical Notes
- For More Information
Browse or Xamin interfaces. The main catalogs of archived ROSAT data are:
- ROSMASTER: the catalog of ROSAT pointed observations with either the PSPC or HRI
- RASSMASTER: the catalog of ROSAT All-Sky Survey scanning observations with the PSPC
|800000||Clusters of Galaxies|
|900000||Solar Systems, Surveys and Miscellaneous|
ROSAT data are located at:
- https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/rosat/data/pspc/processed_data/ - public ROSAT PSPC datasets by sequence ID.
- https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/rosat/data/hri/processed_data/ - public ROSAT HRI datasets by sequence ID.
Data are divided into subdirectories from 100000 to 900000 based on the sequence ID of the data based on the catagories in the table above. Thus the dataset rp500065n00, a PSPC pointing at Crab nebula, can be found in https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/rosat/data/pspc/processed_data/500000/rp500065n00. The dataset rh400344n00, an HRI pointing at the Vela Pulsar, can be found in https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/FTP/rosat/data/hri/processed_data/400000/rh400344n00/.
With the start of REV2 processing, data were produced at the US and German data centers using a common data format, called the "Rationalized Data File" format. The RDF format uses FITS as the basic file structure, while specifying the details using approved multi-mission data structures and keywords. The REV2 data in RDF format represents the final ROSAT archive product. At preent, all ROSAT data in all ROSAT Data archives are stored RDF format. That is to say, data previously released were re-processed in RDF format, and data in the older format were removed from the archives.
Page Author: Dr. Mike Corcoran
Please use the Feedback link if you have questions on ROSAT.