XTE ASM Catalog History
- New version of ASM catalog for start
- New transient XTE J1748-288 is added
- New transient XTE J2012+385 is added
- The trigger level of SAX J1808.4-3658 is revised.
- The name of SAX J1808.4-3658 in ASM Catalog is shortened by 1 digit for RXTE Weather Map handling.
- SAX J1808.4-3658 is added
- X Persei is added, which was removed by accident during the compilation for AO-3.
- The position and trigger level for XTE J0421+560 was revised according to the optical/radio identification.
- New ASM transient XTEJ0421+560 was added.
- Trigers for GX 339-4 was revised as the TOO observation of prop.#30168 had been completed.
- Trigers for Proposal #30070 are revised.
- Showing here the concise version of catalog which is actually used at SOF for real-time ASM data processing
- Trigger updated for Prop #30056
- Re-compiled for AO-3
- 4U 1210-64 was turned on
- Position of Cep X-4 was updated according to the optical identification.
- High State Triggers for Cyg X-2 and GS1843+009 were changed as the TOO observations had been done.
The owners of there triggers were also changed to SOF.
- Gamma ray burster grb970228 was added.
- Trigger levels for cenx4, aqlx1, x1608-533 were revised
- Names for xtej1856_053 and gs0834-830 were revised
- Owner for TOO triger of gs0834-830 was revised
- Position of groj2058+42 was corrected
- trigger criteria for Aql X-1 were revised
- trigger level and owner of Cen X-3 were changed to 20 cps and #20104
- turn on sctX-1a and gs1843+009
- Source name correction: grs1843+009, grs2000+250, grs2023+338, & too1_pca are changed to gs1843+009, gs2000+250, gs2023+338, & xtej1856+42, respectively
- new source groj2058+42 was appended to the catalog
- Trigger levels for Proposal #20007 were revised as per PI's request
- ASM Catalog is revised according to the AO-2 approved TOO proposals
- turn on xper, etacar, and noph77 (col. 15 == 1)
- Faint trigger levels for proposal #10062 are changed.
- Now total 158 sources are turned on (col. 15 == 1)
- Detailed changes are given by a dif output
- turn on x1724-307 (col. 15 == 1)
- change 2 names containing strings "snr_" to "snr", since the "_"
bothers GOF / FITS software
- turn on grs1758-258 (col. 15 == 1) and also fix its name "gr" -> "grs".
BATSE sees it ON now.
- turn on hk1732-304 and sl1735-269 (col. 15 == 1)
- Revision: Colunm (15) was changed from 0 to 1 for ks1731-260.
- Two sources, n4051sy and n5546, were added.
- Revision: Colunm (15) were changed from 0 to 1 for 6 sources, i.e., mkn421bl, 3c273, cena, cenx4, x2129+470, and pks2155-304.
- Revision: Colum (6) for crab,
Column (7) for x1538-522, x1708-407, grs1915+105 & cygx3,
and Column (15) for ks1724-356,,ks1730-312, ks1731-260, ks1732-273, & gcx-4 were revised.
- Two sources, grs1739-278 & groj1744-28, were added
- First version of ASM Catalog open to public is provided by Dr. Ron Remillard, MIT, on Jan. 4, 1996.
Back to XTE ASM Catalog
For questions about scheduling of RXTE observations please send email to
If you have other questions about RXTE, please send email to one of our
Responsible NASA Official: