Suzaku News #057: Proposal deadline/New DARTS tools

[1] Proposal deadline reminder
[2] Two new tools at DARTS

------------------------
[1] Proposal deadline reminder

Cycle 4 proposal deadline of Dec 5, 2008 is rapidly approaching.

This deadline applies both to regular proposals as well as proposals
for Key Projects, which are defined as comprehensive observing programs
sampling a number of objects of a particular class, or surveying a large
region of the sky, in order to take maximal advantage of the unique
attributes of Suzaku to address important astrophysical problems.

Further details can be found at:

http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/suzaku/aehp_prop_tools.html
	(for scientists in the US)
http://www.rssd.esa.int/index.php?project=Suzaku
	(for scientists in ESA member countries)
http://www.astro.isas.jaxa.jp/suzaku/
	(for scientists in all other countries, not the least in Japan)

------------------------
[2] Two new tools at DARTS for browsing public Suzaku data: "JUDO" and "UDON"

At JAXA/ISAS's space science database DARTS (http://darts.isas.jaxa.jp),
we have developed two new tools, "JUDO" (JAXA Universe Data Oriented)
and "UDON" (Universe via DARTS ON-line), to facilitate searches for,
and browsing of, archival Suzaku data.

With JUDO, you can navigate around the entire sky using the mouse,
and zoom into and out of public Suzaku images.
With UDON, you can extract the source spectra and light-curves on-the-fly
by specifying the regions of interest on a public Suzaku image .

We hope JUDO and UDON be useful for Suzaku users to quickly analyze
public data, and therefore to prepare for the proposals.

JUDO URL:         http://darts.isas.jaxa.jp/astro/judo
UDON explanation: http://darts.isas.jaxa.jp/astro/suzaku/udon.html
Suzaku UDON:      http://darts.isas.jaxa.jp/cgi-bin/ion-p?page=suzaku/XISql.ion
Eta Carina with UDON: http://darts.isas.jaxa.jp/cgi-bin/ion-p?page=suzaku%2FXISqlimg.ion&VER=1.2&OBS=100012010&FRM=00&E0=1&E1=5&E2=7&E3=14&JOB=Show+Image