[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Search]
GSFC XMM GOF Status Report #019: Spacecraft Status
NASA/GSFC XMM GOF
XMM Status Report #019
20 December 1999
Update from the XMM SOC at Vilspa
- XMM is now in its final orbit with an apogee of circa
114,000 km and a perigee of circa 7,400 km.
- All sub-systems are in nominal condition.
- The Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS) has been
- The X-ray telescope doors are open but the internal
instrument doors remain closed.
- The Optical Monitor Telescope door is open.
- All scientific instruments are switched-off until
04/01/2000, except the Radiation Monitor which is
permanently ON and collecting data.
- All Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) activities have
been completed. The Spacecraft has been parked in a safe
constraint-free attitude and will be left idle until
January 4, 2000 as a preventive measure against possible
Year 2000 problems beyond ESA's control (e.g. Ground
power or communications outage).
New year schedule:
04/01/2000: Instrument Commissioning Phase starts.
03/03/2000: Calibration and Performance Verification Phase
01/06/2000: Routine Science Operations start.
For news and status updates follow
for the NASA/GSFC XMM Guest Observer Facility