ROSAT Status Report # 105:
September 22, 1994
IMPORTANT Changes to the ROSAT PSPC area of the OGIP Caldb The ROSAT PSPC part of the OGIP Calibration Database, available via anonymous ftp on legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov has been changed at the request of the ROSAT GOF at NASA/GSFC:
PSPC Response Matrices
PSPC Detector Maps
THE ROSAT PSPC RESPONSE MATRICESThis directory tree contains various response matrices (and related products) for the ROSAT PSPCs.
256 PI channel detector redistribution matricesThe following matrices are 2-dimensional arrays (energy vs. channel) containing the probabilities that a photon of a given incident energy which enters the detector will give rise to an event in a given PI channel. As such they are VALID FOR ALL REGIONS of the detector, but also require an appropriately constructed "Ancillary Response File" (ARF) to enable spectral analysis to be performed in XSPEC. (ARFs can be constructed using the FTOOLS task ftools/rosat/pcarf)
- - valid for PSPCB data taken BEFORE 1991 Oct 14
- - valid for PSPCB data taken AFTER 1991 Oct 14
- - valid for ALL PSPCC data (detector destroyed on 1991 Jan 25)
On-axis 256 PI channel response matrices (including the on-axis effective areas) The following matrices are 2-dimensional arrays (energy vs channel) containing the above detector redistribution (probability) matrices BUT MULTIPLIED by the XRT effective area, window transmission etc appropriate for ON-AXIS sources.
- - valid for PSPCB data taken BEFORE 1991 Oct 14 (formerly known as pspcb_92mar11.rmf)
- - valid for PSPCB data taken AFTER 1991 Oct 14 (formerly known as pspcb_93jan12.rmf)
- - valid for ALL PSPCC data (detector destroyed on 1991 Jan 25) (formerly known as pspcc_92mar11.rmf)
Old-style on-axis response matrices (including the on-axis effective areas) A limited number of old-style (binary SF) matrices are available within the 'old' subdirectory. Further information can be obtained from the README file in that directory, but the use of these matrices is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED in favor of the FITS matrices listed above.
Please use the Feedback link if you have questions on ROSAT.