The XTE SOF is the real-time science operations branch of the XTE
SOC. All real-time science operations
will be performed in the SOF, located at
GSFC. The SOF is part of the Science
The SOF responsibilities include:
- Long term (~6 months) planning of the science operations.
- Short term (1 week) planning of the science operations.
- Preparing command loads for the science instruments and for
- Receiving telemetry in real time.
- Monitoring instrument operations and health and safety.
- Providing real-time access to the science data.
- Identification and observation of Targets Of Opportunity.
For questions about scheduling of RXTE observations please send email to
If you have other questions about RXTE, please send email to one of our
Responsible NASA Official: