All science operations will be performed in the SOC, located at GSFC.
The SOC consists of two separate facilities:
The Science Operations Facility
(SOF) which is responsible for ...
The Guest Observer Facility
(GOF) which is reponsible for ...
- Long term (~6 months) planning of the science operations
- Short term (1 week) planning of the science operations
- Preparing command loads for the science instruments and for
- Receiving telemetry in real time
- Monitoring instrument operations and health and safety
- Providing real-time access to the science data
- Identification and observation of Targets Of Opportunity
- NRA support
- Proposal management
- Receiving all production telemetry
- Creating an archive of all observations in FITS files
- Archive maintenance
- Management of calibrations data and information
- Data distribution
- Data analysis software
- Assistance to Guest Observers
Please send questions/problem reports to: the
RXTE Help Desk.
HEASARC/Office of Guest Investigator Programs