Next: How to find out
- The mdefine command now allows new models to be defined
by equations which include xspec model functions. Among the
capabilities this enables is to redefine model parameters. For
instance, suppose we want to use the pexrav model but have one
parameter be the inclination instead of the cosine of the
inclination, as defined in the model. Then we mdefine a new model:
mdefine mypex pexrav(g,f,refl,z,A,FeA,cos(Incl))
- New Models:
||rnei models with line broadening
||GRB prompt emission model
||Leptonic relativistic jet model
||Strangeon star atmosphere model
- Updated Models:
- The default AtomDB version number is now 3.0.9.
- The xset APECMINFLUX option for apec models now
includes the normalization factor and the time dilation
- A new xset APECBROADPSEUDO option switches on line
broadening of the pseudo-continuum (this contains low emissivity
lines which are not individually tabulated in the AtomDB lines
- Most of the model data files have been converted to FITS. In
several cases multiple files have been merged into a single file
with multiple extensions. This should make no difference to any
- Uniform wrappers based on the model name are now available for
all model functions. C++ wrappers are CXX_modelname, C wrappers
are C_modelname, and Fortran wrappers are f_modelname.
- The xscmdnewpar command can now handle multiple ranges
specified on the command line.
- Markov Chain Monte Carlo:
- MCMC chains now work with response parameters.
- Geweke's convergence diagnostic and the Deviance Information
Criterion have been added to the output.
- When plotting multiple chains each is now placed in its own
plot group (and hence plotted in a different color) instead of
- plot options for running means and autocorrelations have been
- The fraction column produced by the margin command can be
written out using the tclout margin fraction option.
- CUSUM has been added to the test statistics.
- Options have been added to plot goodness to control the number
of bins and whether the binning is linear or logarithmic.
- An option to set the background spectrum exposure time has been
added to multifake.
All bug fixes to v12.9.1 released as patches are included in v12.10.0.
In addition, the following problems have been corrected:
- The pexrav model sometimes crashed with a negative or zero
incomplete gamma value.
- steppar was mishandling parameters belonging to named models starting
with an l or an n. It was mixing this up with the
log and nolog options.
- The error command did not handle the unnamed specifier
on the command line.
- mdefine model definitions were not handled correctly by the
- XSPEC did not properly handle extended file syntax such as
filename[n] and filename+n for cases where
multiple HDUs shared the same EXTNAME and weren't differentiated by EXTVER.
- editmod did not correctly parse certain cases of table
model filenames which included a hyphen.
- The goodness command when run in parallel processing
mode failed if it had to prompt for continuation of a fit.
- tclout idline had a memory leak.
- chain best and chain info were
using the currently variable parameters instead of the loaded chain files.
Next: How to find out