Proposals & Planning Tools
On this page, we provide links to calls for proposals and the approved targets for historical record. Also included are links to tools and documentations that supported preparation of Suzaku proposals. All these records refer to the Suzaku mission after the loss of XRS.
Record of Suzaku Proposal Cycles
- Science Working Group target list
- Cycle 1
- Cycle 2
- Cycle 3
- Cycle 4
- Cycle 5
- Cycle 6
- Cycle 7
- Cycle 8
- Cycle 9
- Cycle 10
Technical Description and Planning Tools
- Suzaku Technical Desciprtion: The Final Version
- For count rate simulations, use PIMMS (the command-line version) or WebPIMMS.
- The XIS response files
and XIS night Earth spectra
for simulations (Cycle 10 versions).
XIS blank sky spectra
have not been updated in several cycles.
HXD response and background files for simulation.
Simulations can also be performed using WebSpec.
- XIS event simulator, xissim, is avialable as part of Suzaku FTOOLS. Read our guide on how to use xissim.
- Linux and Solaris versions of Maki, a tool to investigate multi-mission observing windows and instrument Fields of View, are available (see also rollRange, a simpler tool).
- Coordinate Converter.
- Neutral Hydrogen column density
There were two mechanisms to request target of opportunity (TOO) observations of unpredictable events.
If you have any questions concerning Suzaku, visit the Feedback form.