Timelines and Mission Information
- 2017: Initial project study and assessment.
- 2018: Project kickoff and basic design decision.
- 2019: Production and testing of instruments and assembly of spacecraft.
- 2019: Delivered Calorimeter Spectrometer Insert (CSI) for Resolve (Nov 2019) to JAXA from GSFC.
- 2020: Instrument delivery to Japan, spacecraft assembly, and testing of all flight hardware.
- Mid 2020: Integration and testing of the Resolve CSI in Japan.
- Late 2020:Continued integration and testing of integrated XMA at GSFC.
- Early 2021: PV target list selected and posted above.
- Fall 2021: XMA scheduled to be delivered to JAXA.
- Spring 2022: XGS (XRISM Guest Scientist) call released.
- Japanese Fiscal Year 2022: Expected launch date from Japan.
- Japanese FY 2022: Anticipated launch date from Japan.
- Launch (L) - L+3mos: Checkout and initial calibration phase.
- L+3mos - L+9mos: PV (Performance & Verification) phase - see target list (eventually link to target list).
- L+9mos - end of mission: General observer (GO) phase.
- L+3yrs: End of nominal mission. Start of cryogen free mission.