The HEASARC provides a number of services and has capabities to facilitate the archive of mission data
or high level products results of a scientific investigation. The list below may be customed to account the mission needs:
- Provide and maintain the archive infrastructure for any mission data or data products.
- Archive the mission data for all mission phases: pre-launch, during mission operation and after operations ended.
- Design the archive structure for science and housekeeping for all mission data. The mission archive includes the data sets
- Design and Ingest the mission database tables in the HEASARC database system. Database tables are used to browse the data.
- Give public access to the mission data via the HEASARC on-line system which includes HTTPS and FTPS protocols.
- Give limited access to the mission data taken during the initial observatory activation and verification phase and/or during normal operation as indicated by the mission data distribution policy. The data are encrypted during this period.
- Provide and maintain the HEAsoft software infrastructure, environment and repository. Maintain and update all the mission independent tools and the FITS manipulation tools.
- Ingest the mission software package in HEAsoft and distribute the software.
- Provide and maintain the data transfer protocol software (ex. Data Transfer System).
- Archive , distribute and provide software access to the mission calibration data.
- Provide expertise for the mission science and calibration FITS files design. The design accounts for : re-use of file structure and interoperability with other missions , re-use of the existing software, implement FITS and OGIP standards.
- Provide, maintain and update the ARK/RPS system, in preparation for guest observer proposal submission.
- Provide a Web server, standard settings for the mission Web pages and maintain the Web pages with the data archive and calibration.
- Scientific expertise in the use of the mission archive.
Archive data at the HEASARC :
that uses the HEASARC as their archive site.
For high level products
provided by users.
Archive common elements
Useful Links : HEASARC services
HEASARC provides a number of services applicable to missions
during their operation phase and final archive phase or to
the delivery of "products".
HEASARC & FITS standards
Data are accepted in FITS format. HEASARC has standards for
and/or mandatory keywords.
HEASARC & Software standards
Mission or community contributed software may be included, maintained and distributed
by the HEASARC. HEASARC has a Tutorial
to "How to develop an ftool".