PIMMS Version 3.7/3.7a Release Notes
- New in Version 3.7a (Released 2005 Nov 10; updated 2005 Dec 23)
- The effective area curves for Chandra have been updated on Dec 23
(as Version 3.7a2) for AO-8 proposers (no code changes).
- The effective area curves for the Suzaku XIS and HXD instruments
have been updated.
- New in Version 3.7 (Released 2005 Sep 13)
- This version includes the AO-5 versions of XMM-Newton EPIC effective
area curves, which differs slightly from the AO-4 versions. There are
no updates for the RGS effective area.
- This version also includes calibration updates of the RXTE PCA effective
area curves. The count rate should increase by about 11% compared to
previous versions. This is deemed minor enough that no impact is expected
in proposal preparationss and in observation planning.
- This version also includes post-launch calibration of the Swift XRT,
in three data modes (photon counting, photodiode, and windowed timing).
- PIMMS now uses the post-launch name, Suzaku, for the former Astro-E2.
- This version now provides assumptions regarding the input count rate
(such as extraction region for imaging instruments) for various missions.
HEASARC Home |
This file was last modified on Tuesday, 12-Sep-2006 14:45:52 EDT