PIMMS Version 3.7/3.7a Release Notes
- New in Version 3.7a (Released 2005 Nov 10; updated 2005 Dec 23)
- The effective area curves for Chandra have been updated on Dec 23
(as Version 3.7a2) for AO-8 proposers (no code changes).
- The effective area curves for the Suzaku XIS and HXD instruments
have been updated.
- New in Version 3.7 (Released 2005 Sep 13)
- This version includes the AO-5 versions of XMM-Newton EPIC effective
area curves, which differs slightly from the AO-4 versions. There are
no updates for the RGS effective area.
- This version also includes calibration updates of the RXTE PCA effective
area curves. The count rate should increase by about 11% compared to
previous versions. This is deemed minor enough that no impact is expected
in proposal preparationss and in observation planning.
- This version also includes post-launch calibration of the Swift XRT,
in three data modes (photon counting, photodiode, and windowed timing).
- PIMMS now uses the post-launch name, Suzaku, for the former Astro-E2.
- This version now provides assumptions regarding the input count rate
(such as extraction region for imaging instruments) for various missions.
HEASARC Home |
The HEASARC welcomes your participation in a brief survey to capture how users access and utilize HEASARC data, software, and services. The outcome(s) of this survey will be used to guide, prioritize, and plan our activities and development in the coming years. It contains 18 questions, generally takes just a few minutes to complete, and your answers will remain totally anonymous. We thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.
This file was last modified on Tuesday, 12-Sep-2006 14:45:52 EDT