PIMMS Version 4.0 Release Notes
- New in Version 4.0 (Released 2010 Feb 17)
- As of version 4.0, two new grids of models for collisionally excited
thermal plasma (using mekal and APEC codes) are available.
- The expanded grid of Raymond-Smith plasma model that was available as
an add-on to the previous distributions are now standard; the more
limited grid that was the standard in V3.9k and earlier versions has
now been retired.
- Of the three grids, APEC is now the default. To swith among the
plasma models, version 4.0 introduce a new command, "PLASMA."
- The syntax of the "MODEL" command has accordingly changed.
The old model name, "raymond-smith" (or RS) is no longer
recognized, to be replaced with "PLASMA." The model
component, plasma, requires 3 numerical parameters: temperature,
abuandance, and Nh, in that order. An optional string parameter to
be placed after the temperature can be used to switch the units of
temperature from keV (default) to logT.
- Log files now contain command echos.
- As of Version 4.0, the effective curves for the proposed
International X-ray Obsedrvatory (IXO) instruments have been added.
Support for Constellation-X, XEUS, and Spectrum X-Gamma have been
- Version 4.0 includes updated effective area curves for the
Chandra instruments, suitable for Cycle 12 proposers.
HEASARC Home |
HEASARC support for unencrypted FTP access ended on September 20, 2019. Please see this notice for details.
This file was last modified on Monday, 30-Jan-2012 09:08:03 EST