The HEASARC User's Group, HUG, has as its prime directive to "evaluate and monitor the performance of the HEASARC."
Other terms of reference and organization are as follows:
* Solicit input on the operation of the HEASARC from the astronomical community.
* Recommend guidelines for community access to the HEASARC.
* Provide help and information to the HEASARC on a wide range of disciplines relevant to its activities.
* Encourage interaction and coordination with other SARCs, both within and outside NASA.
* Review an annual report on the HEASARC activities and progress.
The HUG meets regularly and reports to the Chief of the NASA Astrophysics Science Operations Branch, Guenter Riegler, and to the HEASARC director, N.E. White. While the committee has been chosen to represent a range of users, institutions, and viewpoints, it cannot be complete. The HUG requests that HEASARC users in the community contact the members with comments, compliments, suggestions, and criticisms.
Send e-mail to the Heasarc User's Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current members of the HUG
John A. Nousek, Chairperson email@example.com Martin Elvis firstname.lastname@example.org Kevin Hurley email@example.com Chryssa Kouveliotou firstname.lastname@example.org Jeffrey Linsky email@example.com Kirk Borne firstname.lastname@example.org Jonathan McDowell email@example.com Frits Paerels firstname.lastname@example.org Ronald Remillard email@example.com Allyn F. Tennant firstname.lastname@example.org Ray White email@example.com
Previous HUG members are David Helfand, Tom Ayres, Carol Lonsdale, Jill Bechtold, Mike Garcia, Richard Rothschild and James Webb, and Knox Long.
Updates of this information can be obtained from the HUG WWW page.
Proceed to the next article Return to the previous article
HEASARC Home | Observatories | Archive | Calibration | Software | Tools | Students/Teachers/Public
Last modified: Monday, 19-Jun-2006 11:40:52 EDT